Happy New Year everyone! I’m hoping you all have a great 2017 filled with incredible people and incredible books.
I thought this would be a good time to talk a bit more about this blog in general, what I’m posting/participating in this coming year, and to
answer a few questions!
I’ve always been passionate about diverse books, but it’s only over the past few months that I’ve started prioritising them more actively on my TBR. This year, I’ll be participating in the Read Diverse 2017 Challenge, which matches my personal goal of reviewing more of the diverse books I read.
- I’ll have a review OR Diversity Spotlight Thursday post up here once a fortnight, on Thursdays
- I’m going to try to have discussion posts up here too, though that’s lower priority and something I’m still working on getting better at
- Book recommendation list posts will be coming!
And just for general get-to-know-me fun, I’m answering a few questions after seeing Bec’s post here for the Sunshine Blogger Award tag!
1: Most anticipated release of 2017?
Probably Girl with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke, it sounds amazing!
2: What was the last book you gave 5 stars and why?
Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed, because it was a heartbreaking and tense story where I cared deeply about the main character Naila. Review is coming on Thursday 😀
3. Last book you DNF’d?
It might have been The Girl from Everywhere, though I do want to go back to it at some point? I tend to DNF VERY early on or stick with it.
4. How do you bookmark your pages? (As in, do you use a bookmark, dog ear, use receipts, etc?
I have some really nice traditional Chinese- and Japanese-style bookmarks which I like to use, but also the Inky Awards and Book Depository bookmarks. Other than that, I like using sticky note flags (you can mark the exact place you stopped!) and sometimes the library receipts.
5. Favourite time of the day to read?
At night before bed, but I read all the time anyway…
6: If you got to choose one fictional character to be your best friend, who would it be and why?
This is easy – Mercy Wong from Outrun the Moon!
7: Favourite bloggers or bookstagrammers?
In alphabetical order of the blog…
- Diem and Jen @ Bookish Friends podcast
- Jeann, Jenna and Aila @ Happy Indulgence
- Cait @ Paper Fury
- Glaiza @ Paper Wanderer
- Aentee @ Read at Midnight
- Naz @ Read Diverse Books
- CW @ Read, Think, Ponder
- Ana and Thea @ The Book Smugglers
8. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
Physical books! Though I’m trying to get myself more used to ebooks because my library’s ebook catalogue is HUGE and very convenient.
9. Who are your auto-buy authors?
STACEY LEE, Fiona Wood, Alice Pung, Erin Gough, Shirley Marr and Markus Zusak (if the last two ever release another book… xD)