- The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig – I started this in May for #AsianLitBingo and didn’t get through the whole thing, but I was really enjoying the writing and setting (historical Hawaii), so will aim to finish it in the next few days.
- Ballad for a Mad Girl by Vikki Wakefield, Marsh and Me by Martine Murray, and God Smites and Other Muslim Girl Problems by Ishara Deen – all of these are review books that have been sitting around for way too long!
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara – this is my friend’s favourite book, and after listening to a podcast of Yanagihara’s closing address from SWF 2016 (link), I’d really like to start on this!
- Nora and Kettle by Lauren Nicolle Taylor – ordered this book recently and it sounds incredible (Peter Pan-inspired, linked in with the Japanese-American internment during WW2).
- The Hate Race by Maxine Beneba Clarke – I’ve kept meaning to read this after borrowing it from Glaiza back in January.
- A few commissioned blog posts over the next week
- Continuing to work on a short story I got partway through earlier this year – historical fiction about the Immigration Restriction Act, family relationships, and identity. Lots of rethinking and reworking ahead, but I’m looking forward to finishing it 🙂
- Potentially starting another short story that’s surrealist/magical realism and draws on Chinese folklore about the moon
- Various editing work for uni/other publications
- This doesn’t come out where I am until the end of July, but I’m looking forward to finally seeing the film adaptation of A Monster Calls
- #YAFanFest on July 20th – looking forward to seeing friends and authors there!